Self-Employed Residents Don't File Tax Returns

November 30, 2008
| Share | Print

Q I manage an affordable housing site, and a number of our residents are self-employed as housecleaners and other service personnel who are paid in cash, or as babysitters, dancers, singers, and waiters/waitresses who live on tips. They don't file tax returns. How do we handle their claims about the income they receive?

A The income you describe is considered income from self-employment, Moreland says.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from Tax Credit Housing Management Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?