HUD Updates Statement of Family Responsibility Form
HUD has released an update of Form 52576b, “Section 8 Project-Based Voucher Program Statement of Family Responsibility,” which can be used through September 30, 2012. The information that is collected for this form is used by public housing authorities to certify the members of a household participating in the Section 8 project-based voucher program are aware of their responsibilities under the program.
Form 52576b explains resident rent and how it is determined, what a housing assistance payment is, explains when a family has the right to move, and lists other obligations for all members of a household residing in a unit. The form reminds households that members cannot:
- Own or have interest in the unit.
- Commit any serious or repeated violation of the lease.
- Commit fraud, bribery, or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with the program.
- Engage in drug-related criminal activity or violent criminal activity or other criminal activity that threatens the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of other residents and persons residing in the immediate vicinity of the premises.
- Sublease or let the unit, assign the lease, or transfer the unit.
- Receive project-based voucher assistance while receiving another housing subsidy for the same unit or a different unit under any other federal, state, or local housing assistance program.
- Damage the unit or premises (other than damage from ordinary wear and tear), or permit any guest to damage the unit or premises.
- Receive project-based voucher assistance while residing in a unit owned by a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sister, or brother of any family member, unless the public housing authority determines that approving the rental of the unit despite the relationship, would provide a reasonable accommodation for a family who has a disability.
- Engage in alcohol abuse in a way that threatens the health, safety, or right of other residents’ peaceful enjoyment and the people residing in the immediate vicinity of the premises.